Friday, November 26, 2010

Extra Credit Blog

- Prior to taking this course, RTF 305, I had never used a blog before
- I did, however, think that it enhanced the learning experience for the course. When going over certain topics in class, I was able to go out and take real world examples that better relate to me, which helped me understand much of the course material a lot better.
- I did not have any difficulties with the blog. I felt it was fairly easy to use and the blog assignments as a whole were very easy to complete.
- The most interesting prompts were those relating to the structures of movies and television sitcoms, which were prompts 4, 7, and 8. I felt that I was able to relate these structures with movies and sitcoms that I am very familiar with, rather than just examples from class, which allowed me to learn the concepts a lot better. The most difficult prompt for me was blog prompt 2, which dealt with the uses and gratifications theory, as well as social learning. Just for me, I felt that there were gray areas when it came to these theories, and it required me to reread some of the course material before writing that blog.
- Yes, I would recommend that blog posts be added as part of the coursework for future classes. I think that the blog posts get the students involved by allowing them to write about what they want to write about, and in a way it is an active learning exercise. I found the blog posts very interesting, because they were very personalized and related to me.
- I don't think that there is much to be improved on or changed. Though, I would prefer earlier notifications on the prompts of the blog posts, as well as sticking to the initial prompt rather than revising it in later e-mails.

Yes, you can use my blog in a paper or report.

No comments:

Post a Comment